Building on the success of their Radial Delayed Blowback system, CMMG has just dropped a 10mm Banshee into their pistol and short barrel rifle product lineup. The new “best millimeter” gun joins thirteen other Banshee caliber and magazine options, ranging from .22LR through .458 SOCOM. The patented Radial Delayed Blowback system works to help reduce the felt recoil and also make the Banshee a superb suppressor host. Additional details can be found below.
CMMG’s 10mm BANSHEE is the first AR capable of reliably running the wide assortment of 10mm ammunition on the market. It uses CMMG’s patent pending Radial Delayed Blowback operating system to significantly reduce felt recoil. The 10mm BANSHEE ships with one 30-round SGM Magazine (Glock Magazine Compatible) and uses CMMG’s patented bolt catch linkage to hold the bolt open after the last round.
The 10mm BANSHEE is available in Short Barreled Rifle (SBR) and AR pistol configurations. With a variety of different options and furniture to choose from, the BANSHEE 100, BANSHEE 200 and BANSHEE 300 series will have the right combination for you when concealment and portability matter the most.
Each 10mm BANSHEE comes with an H3 buffer and a 3.5oz tuning weight pre-installed in the carrier. A standard carbine buffer is also included in the box – ideal for those running lighter loads. For those planning to run the 10mm BANSHEE suppressed, check out our 8oz buffer (sold separately here) for additional tuning.
- CALIBER: 10mm
- BARREL: 8″, 1:16 twist, Medium Taper, 4140CM, SBN
- MUZZLE: SV Brake, threaded .578-28
- GAS PORT LOCATION: N/A
- RECEIVER: Forged 7075-T6 AL M4 type upper, Forged 7075-T6 AL Lower
- HAND GUARD: CMMG RML7 M-Lok hand guard
- FINISH: Hard Coat Anodized Receivers and Hand Guard (Can be upgraded to Cerakote)
- CHARGING HANDLE: CMMG Mil-Spec
- PISTOL GRIP: CMMG A2
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: CMMG Pistol Receiver Extension w/Ambi Sling Plate
- TRIGGER: CMMG Single Stage Mil-Spec Style Trigger
- TRIGGER GUARD: Integrated Into Lower
- SAFETY SELECTOR: CMMG Mil-Spec
- MAGAZINE: SGM 30rd Glock Magazine
- WEIGHT:5lbs 2oz(unloaded)
- LENGTH: ”23.9″
- All products come with CMMG’s Lifetime Quality Guarantee
- $1299.95 MSRP Pistol – $1349.95 Rifle
The Radial Delayed Blowback (RDB) system was created from the ground up by CMMG to eliminate problems with traditional blowback systems found in pistol caliber AR15’s. The biggest advantage of the RDB system is a gun that weighs less while simultaneously having less felt recoil.
With a traditional blowback system, the only think keeping the chamber closed is the weight of the bolt and the action spring tension. As a result, the more powerful the cartridge is, the more weight is needed to keep the bolt closed long enough to safely operate. With the RDB system the bolt must be forced to rotate and unlock itself before it will cycle. This slows things down enough for chamber pressures to drop to safe levels ensuring reliable, and safe, operation without the need for heavy bolts or stiff action springs.