When it comes to the more affordable side of civilian reproductions of classic firearms, few names are as well known as Tisas, a Turkish firearms manufacturer with a US branch in Knoxville, TN. Tisas is proud to introduce their new walnut gripped 1911A1 pistols. Following up on the popularity of the previous iteration of the Tisas 1911A1 which featured plastic grip panels, Tisas now includes genuine walnut wood grips with their 1911A1 pistol.
Tisas Firearms @ TFB:
New Walnut Gripped 1911A1 G.I. Style Pistols From Tisas
Tisas 1911 A1 US Wood Grips Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Accurate Reproduction of the WWI Issued Side Arm w/ Walnut Grips
- Hammer Forged Slide and 5″ Barrel
- Hammer Forged Full-Size Frame
- Durable OD Parkerized Finish
- Flared and Lowered Ejection Port
- Arched Mainspring Housing w/ Lanyard Loop
- Low Profile A1 Combat Sights
- Series 70 Internals
- Includes 2 Magazines, Cleaning Kit and Owners Manual
- Waterproof and Lockable Hard Case, w/ Fitted Cut Foam Insert
- Weight 2.24 lbs. (Unloaded)
Knoxville based Tisas, a premium supplier of 1911-style pistols, has just upgraded their wildly popular G.I. style 1911 with checkered walnut grips.
Featuring a forged frame, forged slide, and hammer-forged barrel, combined with the Tisas lifetime service plan makes the 1911A1 .45 one of the best values on the market.
The new walnut gripped 1911A1 style pistols from Tisas will be available in either 9mm or 45ACP chamberings and are shipping now for an MSRP of $429.95 making them a very affordable option for those who love the 1911 platform, but can’t currently afford the pricing that many other 1911 manufacturers ask. Let us know if you’ve ever had experience with Tisas 1911 pistols and what you think of them down in the comments below.